Saturday, May 2, 2009

May 2009 President's Message

First and foremost, let me start by saying that amending the bylaws was not my idea. This task was put onto me at the annual meeting. Now it has come to our attention that there are two sets of bylaws, one circa 1977 and one circa 1988. It has also come into question, which one we are operating under, and to me that is one good reason to go through the bylaws again. Also we currently have a member and officer of the club that is not and has never been BMW owner, but nothing was done to prevent this and now a precedent has been set. Which is a second good reason to go through the bylaws. And any suggested amended bylaws will be voted on by the membership of the club before acceptance. So the bylaw committee will continue to meet and come up with something that everyone will agree on.
Next, is a reminder to be careful riders and set a good example for others to follow. In the last month I have arrested two motorcycle riders for DWI, one Beemer & one HD, and both had twice the legal limit for blood alcohol content. I have investigated one sportbike injury accident that easily could have been a fatality. And I know three scooter riders that wrecked their scooters on simple right turns at intersections. So lets be careful out there and not be a statistic.
Breakfast at Arlene’s in Alcester was a success. At least in the sense that those who came had fun, and the food was great and cheap. We all know that BMW riders love a good deal. Sadly only eight Autobahners and only ONE Big Sioux Rider showed. The Big Sioux Riders should plan the next group meet, I say.
Lastly, I’m looking for pictures and logos to put on the blogspot website. If you have some in .jpeg or .gif format please send them to me so I can post them and dress up the site.


Chad “skid” Gillen, Prez
www.autobahnsociety.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment