Monday, December 24, 2012
Thursday, December 13, 2012
chef Alton Brown
actor Adrien Brody
actors Brad Pitt & Angelia Jolie
actor Harrison Ford
comedian Jay Leno
actor Jeremy Irons
singer Jewel Kilcher
actress Lauren Hutton
actor Lawrence Fishburne
art director Thomas Krens
actor Charley Boorman
magician David Blaine
actor Ewan McGregor
AZ Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords
actress Julie Andrews
actor Justin Theroux
racer Jutta Kleinschmidt
musician Neil Peart
musician Peter Furler
actor Rick Yune
actors Katie Sackhoff & Tricia Helfer
actor Ben Affleck
actor Orlando Bloom
apple's Steve Jobs
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Saturday, December 8, 2012
Friday, November 30, 2012
Dan Watson has made the arrangements – this Sunday, November 29th for the club to spend an hour or two at the Crittenton Center showing and talking to the kids about motorcycles. Jim Johnson will be picking up some pizza’s to share with them. Meet at the Center at 3:30 PM. It is located at 3901 Green Ave in Sioux City. Green Ave intersects with Gordon Drive at the stop light just east of HyVee on Gordon. Turn north towards HyVee at the stop light and follow the street to the shelter care facility. We would like to get a variety of bikes there, iconic H-Ds, uber-cool touring beemers, classic air heads, dual sports/adv bikes, and techie Jap bikes. Please come join us. Also, any interesting motorcycle items you can haul down to show the kids would be great. There are currently 15 kids staying at the Center and we want them to see the possibilities of motorcycles and give them something they to get excited and dream about. If you have any questions, call Dan at (712) 389-6257or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can read more about the Crittenton Center Shelter here: http://www.crittentoncenter.org/index.php/shelter-a-youth-development
The Big Sioux Riders 2012 Christmas Party is Tuesday, December 11th at the House of Q. We have the back room reserved. You are welcome to bring a desert with you to share. Beverages can be purchased at the restaurant. We will have our traditional gift exchange so bring a gift costing between $10 and $20. The gifts do not have to be motorcycle related. The dinner cost is free to paid members. If you just want to pay for dinner, its $10/person. We will also have a drawing for some door prizes. Festivities start at 6 PM, dinner is at 6:30. I will be collecting dues for 2013.
After dinner we will vote on the Big Johnson Award and elect 2013 officers. Nominations for officers are currently: Pres: Al Agrimson; V-P: Randy Roos; Treas: Steve Martin; Flower Person/Public Relations: Open; Secretary: Brion Hase. If you want to run or submit someone, please drop me an email. The group is pretty open to anyone willing to serve as a club officer for a year.
Big Johnson Awards: We are also looking for 2013 Big Johnson Award nominations again. Dan and Gary are current favorites, but there is still time to challenge them. Nominate for your favorite rider or spouse by sending your nominations to Jim Johnson (email@example.com) and last year's winner Marc LaDue (firstname.lastname@example.org) along with a little explanation about why your nominee should win. Non-members from the local/regional motorcycle community can also be nominated.
Prior Winners of the Big Johnson:
- 2004 - Jim Johnson - Namesake - For getting lost, falling over, and then running out of gas during the club’s only Poker Run.
- 2005 - Stan Stille - GPS Challenged. For going to the wrong town for the Iowa Rally, even after Stan’s son Ryan had put the location (Marengo) into Stan’s GPS. Stan went to the location of the rally the prior year (Kalona). After loosing his sleeping bag and tent on the way, Stan spent the night in a hotel room in Coralville before find the rally the next day.
- 2006 - Doug Shonley - Adventures with Pickups. Shortly after Nancy Rae got her new truck, Doug moved it out of the way to get his bike out. Doug then proceeded to back into the truck with his motorcycle and fall over. Nancy Rae was laughing to hard to assist with getting the bike back up.
- 2007 - Steve Martin - Tent Stake Packing. After arriving at the Spring Campout, Steve claims he had forgotten to have packed his tent stakes. He loaned a few spare stakes from the others, and then fabricating the remaining stakes he needed. The next morning Steve found he had not forgotten his stakes, they were under his tent and he had slept on them all night.
- 2008 - Judy Walker - Turn Demonstrator. While demonstrating how to do a proper corner at a MSF class, Instructor Judy accidentally fell down and hurt her ankle. Actually this happened on the course when class was not in session and Judy was practicing.
- 2009 - Sue and Steve Lee - The Wild Berry Incident. Sue vomited wild berry Tums onto her husband Steve while moving at speed as they traveled on separate motorcycles in Nebraska.
- 2010 - Dale Nordlie - Torque Challenged. Dale lost the back wheel off his GS motorcycle while on his way to Baxter Cycle Open House and Campout in Marne. No one was hurt and there was no serious damage. Dale now safety wires his wheel bolts on.
- 2011 - Marc LaDue - Camping Prowess. For his outstanding camping stories after purchasing and carrying his new camping gear on his Trans-American Trail trip... and never using it.
"The thing about quotes on the Internet is that it is difficult to verify their validity" -- Abraham Lincoln
Brion "Frump" Hase
'06 R12GSA ("Pig"), '03 K12RS ("Dagmar") & '04 DL650 Strom ("Piglet")
BMW MOA #100603
IBA Member #22484
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Just reaching out to everyone to wish them a very Happy Thanksgiving. Hope all is well and that the year has treated you well, so that you have much to be thankful for.
We'd like to invite you to take advantage of our upcoming sales. From now until December 31st, we are offering 10% off your entire purchase if a motorcycle cover and battery tender is included in the purchase. This coming weekend on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday we are having a seperate sale for 10% off parts, apparel, and accessories. Great way to save some money on gifts for the rider in your life.
There are some upcoming events that we hope you will join us for. On December 12th we will be having our Christmas party and have wine and cheese and also some other foods. If you attend and bring something to donate to the Support Siouxland Soldiers you will receive 10% off. January 18th we will have game night and have the projector set up. This is a great way to meet some fellow MXers. Our movie night will be February 8th, we would like some of your inputs as to which movies we will be watching.
We hope to see you all at some of these events and sales!
Saturday, November 17, 2012
|Where To Look|
Thursday, November 8, 2012
Friday, November 2, 2012
Thursday, October 18, 2012
Tuesday, October 16, 2012
Hi Autobahners, If you haven't heard, the Keg on 57th has closed its doors. Bad timing for us, so tomorrow night's supper will be at The Pizza Ranch on 41st Street in Sioux Falls. I don't have the entire club e-mail list on my contact list, so please spread the word. Thank you, Gary
Saturday, October 13, 2012
I just wanted to remind you of or upcoming open house, Baktoberfest. Please try to join us this Saturday October 20th from 10 until 2. We will have great deals on all the bikes, parts, accessories and apparel. Make sure to get here early enough so you get one of my famous brats. I hope to see you here!
We have the Victory Red Tag event going on along with KTM's fall promotion on non current models. BMW has some great financing rates as well.
Don't forget about the Military Discounts from Victory and BMW if you are a current or prior service member.
Also, dont forget to preregister for the drawings at www.bakmc.com/pc. All fields must be complete, correct and valid for an entry into the drawings.
I can't wait to see you here.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
CLICK ON THESE LINKS FOR MORE INFORMATION
Friday, September 28, 2012
Heidi is now the proud owner of a 1997 BMW F650ST. The bike was built in June 1997, the same month and year Heidi and I were married! Heidi took it for a spin in the parking lot of Harmadon Park yesterday, and is giddy as a school girl. She hasn't driven a bike for 8 years. Thanks to Gordon Courbat, and good luck on finding your next ride.
Tuesday, September 18, 2012
Wednesday, September 12, 2012
Thursday, September 6, 2012
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Friday, July 6, 2012
By riders, for riders, it's all about the road!Whether you are looking for a ride on a twisty road along with the excitement it provides, or a relaxed cruise on a scenic back country byway encompassed by spectacular vistas, you have come to the right place.
The United States has over 4 million miles of public highways, but here at MotorcycleRoads.US, we feature the best roads for motorcyclists, sports car enthusiasts, tourists, and other drivers. Emphasis is on 'two-lane blacktop' and the road less traveled. A vast majority of these routes were submitted by bikers, sports car drivers, and other travelers who love the open road just as you do.
We offer:Select a state from the map to find great roads in the US. Enjoy your ride or drive and remember, be safe!
- Over 3200 roads in all 50 states! The most wide-ranging listing available on the Internet.
- Opportunities for you to submit your favorite road along with your comments and other information.
- Regional and road maps using Google™ Maps technology. You can use these maps to plan your ride or drive.
- Descriptive icons and a color coding system (red = twisty [See example], blue = sweepers, green = scenic, and brown = unpaved) to provide you with an idea of a road's attributes.
- Free GPS files you can download.
New Roads and Comments
• Delaware: SR 9
• Ohio: SR 56, SR 555
• Oregon: US 97
• Pennsylvania: Allentown Road, SR 477,SR 841
• Virginia: SR-8
• Wisconsin: CR F
• Ohio: SR 56, SR 555
• Oregon: US 97
• Pennsylvania: Allentown Road, SR 477,SR 841
• Virginia: SR-8
• Wisconsin: CR F
• Some of our reader's favorite roads last month:
• One of our readers, Mark Hirschhorn, produced this excellent video which showcases his two passions, music and motorcycles. Mark also wrote and sang the background music. For more information visit Mark's website.
• MotorcycleRoads.US was featured in an article on VisitFlorida.com titled "Florida's Open Roads Beckon Motorcyclists". Author, Frances Robles, interviewed me to get my perspective on great motorcycle roads in Florida and roads in general. Be sure to check this article out.
• For better, faster, more secure browsing, and reliable display of Google Maps, we recommend Google Chrome orFirefox. They automatically copy your bookmarks from Internet Explorer and you can download them for free!
Disclaimer - This web site is a listing of roads from various Internet resources. The information is provided as a service to motorcyclists and other drivers. The color coding and other information used to classify roads is very subjective. Considerable effort was made to verify the information provided, however, the accuracy of information cannot be guaranteed. Those relying on the information provided on this web site do so at their own risk. Neither MotorcycleRoads.US, Screaming Eagle Web Solutions, or the parties referenced, shall be liable for either the accuracy of this information nor any actions taken in reliance thereon.
© 2012, MotorcycleRoads.US, a subsidiary of Screaming Eagle Web Solutions, LLC, All Rights Reserved