Monday, March 2, 2009

March 2009 President's Message

I took “Black Betty” up to Judson Cycle, for the first time, on the 10th for its 24,000-mile service. I had to trailer it since I had Raina and Piper with me. And just some little advice from experience, while traveling on the two lane portion of MN Hwy 60 near Mountain Lake and the speed limit backs down to 60 MPH, SLOW DOWN! Troopers there like to pull you over at 9 over the limit apparently. Anyway, Judson’s showroom was so packed with bikes you could barely walk in there. They even had a 2009 G650GS. I didn’t spend much time there except to get a hat for my Father-in-law’s birthday. We then used the restroom, got lunch at DQ, and headed back to Sioux Falls.
Shannon Lesko is planning a ride and eat at Devinci Ristorante in Sioux City. They have a private room that will seat up to 300 people. It may turn out to be a European bike night event. (http://www.devinciristorante.com/default.aspx) The Mrs. and I love Italian and we are salivating about it.
Also it was brought up that we could get together with the Big Sioux Riders on a Saturday morning for breakfast at some location between Sioux Falls and Sioux City. If anyone knows of a good place, let me know or feel free to take the ball and run with it yourself. And if anyone has any ideas for small rides together feel free to contact me or Deb and we’ll get them in the newsletter.
Lastly, I’m pushing for the time for Wednesday’s Ride and Eats to start at 6PM to make it easier for a lot of us instead of 5:30 PM.


Chad Gillen


P.S. Have you paid your dues yet?