Tuesday, November 3, 2009

November 2009 President's Message

Our quarterly meeting last month went very well, and Deb did a fine job of typing up the minutes for this month’s newsletter. Thanks again, Deb.
And I want to admit that I “wussed out” and didn’t go to Potosi for the Falling Leaf Rally as I had planned due to the weather. I’ve got to make it a priority next year to get some better (warmer) riding gear. I was just looking at their website (www.gatewayriders.com) at some of this years pictures, and is it Gerald’s trailer that I’m looking at?
If you ever want to hear a good story the next time you see me, ask me about the former Basic Rider Course student, whom I failed, that accosted me at a Harrisburg bar one night. She kept referring to me and the other Rider Coach, who is also a police officer, as “Poncho and Lefty” from ChiPs, even though I corrected her several times that she thought we were “Ponch and Baker.” Ever notice that arguments with intoxicated people always go in circles and never end? Then she had the balls to offer to buy me a beer when I got up to leave. Wow.
I know quite a few of us enjoy taking in the International Motorcycle Show in Minneapolis every February (02/5, 6, & 7/2010), so I took advantage of their club discount program for ticket pricing and signed the club up. We can save money for at the door sales, and online sales. I will update you when I receive the vouchers and online discount code.
Lastly, I’m starting a winter mileage contest starting December 21st and ending March 21st. Participants must be headquartering out of the Sioux Falls area for fairness to all. Sorry snowbirds. I will donate a prize for the winner out of my own pocket. If you wish to participate send me your information: name, bike, mileage, with verification by another member via postal mail, or send me your information with a dated odometer picture via email or cell phone text by midnight December 21st. And send me the same for ending mileage by midnight March 21st.

Safe and happy riding to all.

Chad “Skid” Gillen, Prez
www.autobahnsociety.blogspot.com

P.S. Send me some pictures from some of your rides and rallies this year, so I can put some on the website.

No comments:

Post a Comment