Sunday, November 29, 2009

December 2009 President's Message

First of all, for those that didn’t hear James Anderson’s F650GS was stolen last month, but luckily it was recovered in Sioux Falls. His experience is definitely a good reason to invest in a motorcycle security chain to prevent theft if you are going to park your bike outside on a regular basis.
Secondly, I have received about 80 coupons for the International Motorcycle Show in Minneapolis in February. Each coupon is good for $3 off the admission price for the show whether you buy your tickets online (cheaper) or at the door. I will be handing these out at Saturday Breakfasts, Wednesday Meet and Eats, and the Annual Meeting. Or you can contact me personally for a voucher number to use online, or I can mail them to you.
Lastly, mark your calendars for the Annual Meeting for Saturday January 23rd, 2010 at Tailgators in Brandon. Menu and format will be the same as last year, and you can thank Deb for setting it up. More on the menu, awards, and such for the next newsletter. Also Club Officer elections will be held at the annual meeting. According to our bylaws, our two elected positions are President and Secretary/Treasurer, and the appointed position of Newsletter editor. I cannot answer for Tom Melick, but I will not be seeking reelection for President next year, and Deb wishes to give up being Newsletter Editor with January’s newsletter being her last one. I know I can say for everyone that Deb has done an outstanding job for the club, and leaves very large boots to fill. Make sure you commend her on her great work the next time you see her. I would like to fill her position before the meeting, so they can be brought up to speed for the February newsletter that would go out right after the Annual meeting. If you are interested, please contact me.
Winter mileage contest starts December 21st and runs until March 21st. Get your mileage to me with the make and model of the bike by midnight of the 21st.
I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving, I wish you a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year. Drive safe and enjoy your adult beverages in moderation.


Chad “Skid” Gillen, Prez
www.autobahnsociety.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment