Monday, January 4, 2010

January 2010 President's Message

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year despite the weather. I know my plans changed, and we were not able to go out of town as planned, but we still had a good holidays.

Remember, Jan. 23rd is the Annual Meeting at Tailgators in Brandon. Menu is similar to last year with tossed salad, garlic bread, Chicken Alfredo, Lasagna, and Ice Cream Sunday bar. Price is $20 (cash or check) per person, and the cash bar opens at 6 PM. Diner is at 7 PM and the meeting to start around 8 PM. Yearly dues of $10.00 for a single membership or $15.00 for a family membership will also be taken at the door. We already have a great assortment of door prizes that you sure don’t want to miss out on! RSVP to me or Tom Melick by Friday January 15th so I can get a head count to Tailgators.

I have not heard any interest in the position of Newsletter editor. Deb is willing to help out the new person with the computer templates and such forth, so if you are worried about it computer wise, don’t be. I would like to get someone in this position before the meeting so they can publish the newsletter shortly after the annual meeting. Also, I will not be running for re-election for president. I just simply don’t have the time, even though it isn’t that much of a task.

No one entered the winter mileage contest, which is just as well if we continue to have a winter like this.

Lastly, a member wanted me to clarify that as long as a member remains in good standing, (dues paid), they can still remain in the club if they no longer own a BMW motorcycle.

Chad Gillen, Prez
www.autobahnsociety.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment