Thursday, July 8, 2010

July President's Message

"A Great Weekend to be an Autobahner"
AKA The Prez Sez by Gary (das pres) Johnson
Ok, it's always good to be a member of the Autobahn Society, but the past week was especially good. Let me explain. It started with our Wednesday night supper at Murdo's Resort south of Gavin’s Point Dam (a "dam" good time!! Sorry.) We had a great turn-out. I think about 19. After our meal, we were invited to Ed Hill's place where Ed's wife Sue treated us to homemade pie and ice cream, a staple of this club. Ed's shop, aka dream garage, was quite a hit. Thanks again to the Hills from all of us.
That night Mrs. Johnson and I camped with Larry & Mary Hawes and Bill Claussen at the Corp of Engineers Campground at Gavin’s Point. A beautiful evening for camping. The next day we went our separate ways. We met up again on Friday for the Bohemian Alps Rally at Verdigre, NE. If I counted right there were 13 Autobahners in attendance.
Now I'm trying to get to the point and that is.......I probably wouldn't have participated in these activities on my own, and even if I had, it wouldn't have been near as much fun as it was by knowing the Autobahners that shared these experiences with me. This club operates well when we are together, so try to attend as many club functions as you are able. I know you won't regret it. Ride safe and have some fun out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment