Sunday, August 8, 2010

Me Hard at Work????, by Gary Pedersen

So here I am, retired and working summers in Alaska and getting paid to stand on footpegs, have handlebars in my hands and watch wildlife. It's a pretty good gig. (Gary works part time as a guide for Alaska ATV Adventures.) It is hard to believe that we’ve been here almost three months. The tourist numbers are up considerably from last year and I worked the first eleven days when I got here in May. Things have settled down now and I am back to the two to four days a week that I like. The salmon are late arriving, and the numbers are down so the bears have remained high on the mountain sides making it difficult to get the clients close to the bears. I thought you might like to see a few pictures of me “hard at work”!!
I will be leaving Alaska for home (Chester, SD) on August 14th and hope to be at the Beartooth Rally in Red Lodge, Montana, on the way home. Will there be any Autobahnners there? gkpeder@itctel.com. 605-489-2665.

Gary also reports that the water pump seal on his 650 went out. The good news is that it went out in town, and not halfway between Nowhere and Noplace. He promises a story.

No comments:

Post a Comment