Monday, September 6, 2010

Baxter Cycle Open House, Marne IA

Submitted by Marlin Wolter

I left for Marne on Saturday morning (August 21) about 6am, it was very foggy. I guess you could say “unsafe foggy” but I thought I’d get out of the fog soon. It was a 103 miles before I got out of it. I still made it to Marne by 9:30 am. I had that great Boy Scout breakfast and hung around for a while. I went on to Des Moines for the day. It was our granddaughter’s 4th birthday and grandpa couldn’t miss that! Got back Saturday night in time to enjoy the evening. Sunday morning found us all up early and enjoying the breakfast again. Some of our group left for home before it got too hot, but a few of us stayed for more Triumph Demo Rides and of course that FREE hot dog lunch. We rode through the Loess Hills going home and had a great great week-end.

No comments:

Post a Comment