Monday, September 6, 2010

"The Prez Sez", Sept. 2010

Submitted by Gary “das prez” Johnson

Hi everyone, I hope all of you have been enjoying the summer. I know I have. One of the biggest news items for our club this month is the election of long-time member (and all around good guy) Hoot Gibson to the office of State Commander of the American Legion. A special day was set aside to honor and install Hoot as State Commander on Saturday, August 14th, at the American Legion and The Veterans Memorial Park in Sioux Falls. I felt very proud and honored to be included in this special event, knowing I was surrounded by heroes of this great nation.
The following weekend was the annual Baxter Cycle open house in Marne, Iowa. There was a good number of Autobahners there mixing with fellow motorcycle enthusiasts. The weather was very warm, but dry. The new Triumph demo rides were fun as well as the socializing during the day and evening in the city park. This is one of my favorite m/c events of the summer.
Lots of good riding coming up in September, cooler, less humid days and of course, the premier Autobahn event; Hawes Biker Days!! If you don't know some of our members that live farther away, this is a great opportunity to meet them. This event is well attended so make plans now to attend or regret it later.
This pretty well sums up my recent riding experiences. I haven't been on any big trips this year, mostly due to the constraints of time and money, but I do enjoy the time I am able to spend on my bikes. We all have different situations and although we are different in many ways, we are often lucky enough to share our motorcycle experiences with each other. Let's be thankful for what we have had and have now. I hope there are many more wonderful years of Autobahn Club experiences for all of us. Take care, see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment